St. Clare's Homes for Children - Admissions Requirements
We are located in Jersey City, Elizabeth, and Neptune, NJ. However, children are accepted from throughout the state. St. Clare's Homes are contracted to provide services through the Division of Child Protection & Permanency (DCP&P), and they were the first facilities licensed by the NJ Department of Health as Pediatric Transitional Community Homes .
* St. Clare's Homes also have limited availability for emergency placements and placement of older children ages 13-18.
ADMISSIONS REQUIREMENTS & INFORMATION
- Referral Form (completed & signed)
- DCP&P Nursing Assessment
- DCP&P to inform the contact person of St. Clare’s Assessment
- St. Clare’s Nursing Assessment to be completed within 48 hours of receipt of referral
- Referrals reviewed & approved by St. Clare’s Executive Director, Medical Director, & Director of Nursing
The following items are required upon admission for the placement of all children into St. Clare’s:
- Social Documents
- Medicaid Card
- Clothing Check ($175.00: Federal ID # 222696986)
- Foster Parent ID Letter (to “St. Clare’s Homes for Children”)
- Court Order
- Family Summary/Case Plan/Out of Home (DCP&P 26 – 81A )
- Spirit Admission Page (copy required within 48 hours of placement to verify payment processing)
- Spirit ID: Elizabeth (10004156); Jersey City (10004158); Neptune (10002149)
- Active Service is: Children’s Group Home
- Notice of Placement Information Form - completed
- Strengths and Needs Assessment
- Social History
- Family/Guardian Contact Information (Name, Address, Phone)
- Visitation Plan
- Law Guardian Contact Information (Name, Address, and Phone)
- Social Security Number
- DCP&P Contact Information (Caseworker, Supervisor, CW Supervisor, Office Manager: Name,
- Address, and Phone/Ext)
- Upon admission, DCP&P is required to sign a three forms to complete admission (Permission to Treat & Transport; Visitation List; Religious Participation). These forms are available, upon request, prior to admission date for completion.
- Medical Documents: Discharge Physical, Prescriptions for all Medications, Immunization Record
- Hospital Paperwork: Complete medical history and discharge instructions.
- Medical Summary including Labor & Delivery Report
- Medical Contact Information: Doctors/Clinics/Therapists (Names, Address, Phone), Scheduled appointments
Case Conference – Treatment Team Meetings:
As part of our commitment to ensuring each child’s placement is a success, St. Clare’s Homes hosts monthly Case Conferences on site. DCP&P workers are requested to participate as part of the child’s comprehensive plan. Legal Guardians are also invited and encouraged to participate when appropriate.
Schedule of Case Conferences:
Elizabeth Home: 1st Wednesday of the month at 10:00 AM
Jersey City Home: 4th Wednesday of the month at 10:30 AM
Neptune Home: 3rd Wednesday of the month at 10:00 AM
Length of Stay:
Length of stay for the initial placement is 120 days. Placements at St. Clare’s beyond the 120 – day stay, require an authorizing signature from the Casework Supervisor or Office Manager extending the placement for every additional 30 day period.
St. Clare’s is able to provide short term respite for caretakers requesting vacation or personal time. The Respite Referral form can be found at www.aidsresource.org/respite-referral.
St. Clare’s is a dedicated partner in the discharge process. We request notice of a discharge at least 3 days in advance thus ensuring St. Clare’s has ample time to schedule a discharge physical and to provide the necessary paperwork.